For this assignment, you need to write a 3 – 4 page paper that answers the following key topical questions:
· What is the role of project management in today’s professional environment? Be sure to speak to your own experience within a broader national and global context.
· Why has project management become, and why does it continue to be a primary lens or means of accomplishing work within most organizational settings globally?
· What is the role of projects, programs, and portfolios within most organizational settings, and what is the linkage between these and an organization’s strategic plan and direction?
· How might different organizational structures affect how projects are executed, and how does project management adapt within these differing organizational contexts?
· What are the variations between different frameworks, such as agile or waterfall, and what are the benefits that each brings to the development process?
Please note that these are prompts for you to address within your paper. Your paper should be written as an essay with topical headers; it should not be formatted in a Q&A format according to the above questions. These questions represent the minimal items that you would want to address. From your readings and your lectures, you will be exposed to other topics that may be relevant to the paper, and you would do well to consider those in writing the essay. Additionally, you are required to cite at least two sources outside the course materials in writing this paper. As part of my evaluation process (see attached rubric), papers which cite peer reviewed sources as opposed to general websites or articles are considered a higher quality of source.
Below are some key guidelines you will want to ensure you follow in writing the paper. Think of this list as a quality control checklist, along with the attached grading rubric.
· Paper is 3 – 4 pages in length
· Include a title page and reference listing, but do not count your title page and reference listing as part of the 3-4 pages of content we are expecting.
· Paper format complies with APA 6 guidelines
. If you are unfamiliar with APA 6 guidelines, please review the sample paper at the following link: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/media/pdf/20090212013008_560.pdf
. Also, you will find additional resources listed in the syllabus
· No more than 15 percent of paper is comprised of outside sources or direct quotes
· Paper fully addresses the five topical questions listed above
· Paper is not written in a Question and Answer format, but makes appropriate use of headers and formating in compliance with APA 6 guidelines
· Paper evidences a global perspective
· Paper evidences reflection of the individual author relative to the broader discipline