ECOM 201: Introduction to e-Management
Consider yourself as Global Manager for one of the following Saudi companies: Jarir Bookstore,
Baja, Al-Baik, Herfy or Coffee Day. At present the company you’ll choose is planning to do
business in the USA and UK.
You are required to develop a detail strategy on the following :
▪ Give a brief introduction about the chosen company (history, products, etc)
▪ Explain what type of virtual management characteristics will be implemented and why? (Explain how you will implement the virtual management?)
▪ How the virtual teams will work together?
▪ What tools are they using for communications and task management? (Give a real example)
▪ How you will manage the teams in both locations in terms of language, cultural, time,
political, and economical differences?
▪ What are techniques that you will be using in order to create a strong team with a high level
▪ What are the advantages and disadvantages of managing a virtual team?
▪ What type of conflicts might occur between members? When it’s happened how will you
▪ As a manager how you will manage the outsourced projects?
▪ What techniques that you will apply to encourage and motivate your team for
Project report structure :
▪ Title Page: the name of the institution, the title of the report, the name of the author and
then add the date.
▪ Abstract: Brief summary of your work, you have to give the reader an overview of the
▪ Table of contents:
͋ All points covered.
͋ References: Use APA style
Project Parts Due date Marks
End of week 9
+ Abstract, Conclusion &
▪ APA reference system https://student.unsw.edu.au/apa
▪ About plagiarism http://wts.indiana.edu/pamphlets/plagiarism.shtml
▪ About plagiarism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
Guidelines for the project assignment:
▪ This is an individual project assignment, which is part from your course score. It
requires effort and critical thinking
▪ Use font Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial
▪ Use 1.5 or double line spacing
▪ Use the footer function to insert page number
▪ Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project
▪ Your project report length should be between 1600 to 2000 words